Scholarship Application Information
APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOVEMBER 1 - JANUARY 31 EACH YEAR
SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON JULY 1
Since 1993, Cancer for College (a registered 501 (c) 3 charitable foundation) has provided hope an inspiration to cancer survivors in the form of college scholarships. Applicants are not discriminated against based on sex, race or religious belief. California applicants and applicants attending Southern California colleges will receive first consideration for perpetual scholarships. Community college applicants are eligible but award may not be greater than the amount needed. All remaining applicants will be eligible for other one-time awards. Awards can range from $1000 - $5,000. Scholarship recipients must maintain full-time enrollment at his/her stated university. Failure to maintain full-time enrollment or transfer from a 4-year university to a community college may result in loss of scholarship funds. Scholarship recipients experiencing health-related issues that force them to leave school may request a one-time extension of their scholarship, not to exceed one school year. Recipients exceeding this time will forgo their scholarship, but may reapply when ready to return to school and will receive first consideration. Questions? Call us at (760) 599-5096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 Cancer for College scholarship application will now be completed completely online. Below you will find a list of documents that will be needed to complete the application. The new online application system will be available is now available. Scroll down to learn about the scholarships we offer and to find the links to apply.
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS CLOSELY AS YOU GO THROUGH THE APPLICATION.
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW OR HAVE AVAILABLE FOR UPLOAD
1. The first two pages of the 2015 tax return for:
* If you are under 25 and claiming to be independent, you will need to provide your parents returns to show that they do not claim you.
2. Letter of Good Standing from the University you are attending
3. Two-years of Academic Transcripts (High School, College or Combination depending on your year in school)
* These can be requested via email you submit through the application or uploaded if you already have copies.
4. Confirmation of Diagnosis Letter (Must be completed on medical letterhead by your oncologist, primary care physician or nurse)
* You can upload a letter you currently have, or request a letter from your doctor directly through the application system.
5. Two Letters of Recommendation from two people outside your immediate family.
* You will send an email through our system to your letter writers and they will write their letter directly into the application program.
6. Total Cost of Attendance (This is a number published by your school or university, This includes tuition, room & board, books, etc.)
*This is the annual cost to attend. Not the cost for 4 years of attendance.
2017 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR APPLICATION
You will be notified during the online application process as to which scholarships you are eligible to apply for.
PACIFIC NORTHWEST SCHOLARSHIP
HENRY STREULI SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship will be in honor of Henry Joseph Streuli, who heartbreakingly passed away from Burkitt’s Lymphoma on July 3 2015 at the young age of 14. The honoree scholarship will be awarded to a student who will use their education to advance a world that is filled with Henry's love of life. Henry loved everyone, from babies to seniors. Henry was passionate about Jesus and his values of equality and love for all of humanity. He was a tenacious individual who never let his small stature hinder his ability to succeed. Whether it be pitching a 50+mph fast ball on the baseball team, ATVing up the largest sand dune or fishing off the coast of Alaska, Henry could conquer it all.
Our love for Henry stands strong and we are thrilled to honor his memory through a Cancer for College scholarship.
VISIT OUR DONATION PAGE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FUND
DEAR JACK SCHOLARSHIP
LEONARD FAMILY ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT SCHOLARSHIP
ROSS SKELTON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
SKIP WOHL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Created in memory of Emil "Skip" Wohl who lived his life to the fullest
Click here to learn more about Skip and Donate to the Fun
FRANK THE TANK SCHOLARSHIP
Created by Cancer for College Scholarship recipient Frank Lozoya
Click here to learn more about Frank and the mark he left on the world.
THE CHERRY HAWK SCHOLARSHIP